Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Common Humanity

Welcome flesh!
Birth of requirement: you must die
The common humanity

Human's begin with endings,
The middle waits to be chosen.
People decide the medium;
time's only promise to you.

Youthful blindness,
discovered in the purest energy.
Wished upon parental guidance,
but your village may be your only guarantee.

The novelty of body,
married to breath;
committed to death
Life's celebration of you.

The art of behavior,
covered in personality;
laying beneath—the soul's story.

Chapters of accessories,
I browse the eyes of every novel I see.
So many visions paint one scene.
Belief is the hyphenation to fiction.








6 comments:

  1. deeply written..
    Some times we can get lost within the chapters of someones eyes

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alejandro,

    Exactly! I count on that. I love to get lost in the eyes of peaceful, love-filled souls! But, that is an art itself! Ha-ha, you can get lost in say.....my eyes...eyes with the depth of nothing....

    Thanks for stopping by!
    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yet another beautiful poem. I like the message of the second stanza..:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully written, Misty. I really appreciate the layers of your insight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jorie and Lisette!

    Thank you so much for your comments and kind words. It means the world to me...to have my words in meaning in someone's thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful poem. The message in the 2nd stanza of living is what you, yourself, make it especially caught my mind.

    ReplyDelete